Tech Tip * March 9, 2016
Mean Screen Cleaning
|Staying with the theme of Spring Cleaning, we would like to suggest a safe and easy DIY option to clean your screens that doesn’t require purchasing an expensive cleaning kit.|
Keep in mind:
- Never spray liquid directly onto the screen!
- Do not, under any circumstances, use All-Purpose cleaners on your LCD screens!
- If something doesn’t come off easily, do not apply more pressure! Always be gentle!
- It is best to disconnect the screens from their power source before getting started.
That being said, here is our “Under-Five-Minutes-DIY-Cleaning-Project” suggestion:
- Apply a VERY small amount of plain distilled water onto a microfiber towel and gently wipe down the screen in a circular motion.
- If heavier cleaning is required, use a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and distilled water. Apply only a minimal amount of the solution onto the microfiber towel and gently wipe the screen.