Organize & Simplify: Microsoft Teams Audio Conferencing – Tech Tip for January 12, 2021
Welcome to the second week of 2021! We’re continuing on our theme of organizing and simplifying your work using features and apps you probably already have access to through Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams.
Let’s talk about talking… well actually utilizing Teams for conference calls. Did you know that you can replace your current conference calling solution with Microsoft Teams? Not only does this simplify the number of products you and your team must install and then learn to use, but it can save you money too.
As you probably know, Microsoft Teams offers lots of features for hosting excellent online meetings including:
- Video conferencing for up to 250 attendees
- Live events for up to 10,00 attendees
- Breakout rooms
- Custom backgrounds
- Together mode
- Dynamics meeting IDs to ensure that your meetings remain private
But did you know that you can also add in Audio Conferencing for attendees to dial in by phone? With Microsoft Teams Audio Conferencing, you can:
- Join the audio portion of meetings by dialing a tolled or toll-free phone number and entering a PIN.
- Connect others to the audio portion of your meeting by dialing out using the Microsoft Teams app.
The best part is, that Audio Conferencing is only $4 per user per month. This feature may be added to almost all Microsoft 365/Office 365 plans and is included with Office 365 E5 and Microsoft 365 E5. If you currently have Office 365 E1, E3 you can get this service for free until March 31, 2021.