Did you see their new photo on Instagram? Look at their status update on Facebook! Hashtag Ohmygoshthisiscrazy!
Social media’s impact on a business is enormous! Sometimes, social media posts can make or break a company, and your company’s social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram should – just like your home – get cleaned up frequently. Keep in mind: our virtual lives can get just as messy and cluttered as our real ones…and therefore need maintenance!
We put together a couple quick tips on how to make sure you cover your basics!
- Frequently update your profile picture! If your logo changes, make sure you update it everywhere!
- Make sure the “About” section is filled out and update your contact info and business hours!
- Watch what you are posting… Political, religious and similar posts might alienate clients who don’t share the same opinions and beliefs.
- Consider cleaning up the “Likes” and “Friends” you accumulated over time.
- Make sure you have a captivating headline!
- Update or replace your profile picture frequently!
- Add a summary of your business specialties, as well as the contact information!
- Always add new skills and competencies!
- Ask happy clients for recommendations and feedback!
- Always keep it classy – this is a professional networking tool!
- Complete or update your company’s description!
- Consider updating your photo, especially if it is no longer up to date.
- Make sure to not mix professional with personal life – keep your posts separately. Delete any inappropriate posts.
- Stay consistent throughout your hashtag-use. Consider adding a couple hashtags that are company-specific!
- Look at the people following you and the ones you are following – Delete negativity!