Do You Need A Desk Phone For Teams Phone? – Tech Tip For November 23, 2022
In November, we’ve spent a lot of time talking about Microsoft Teams Phone, an application that provides flexible calling solutions that help boost productivity on any device from tablets to PCs to mobile phones. Teams Phone is a useful application for any organization and can help ensure that calls can seamlessly get transferred from device to device. If you’re considering utilizing Teams Phone, you may be wondering if you need special equipment to use it. Let’s take a look.
Do You Need A Desk Phone To Use Teams Phone?
The good news is that a desk phone is not at all required to work with Teams Phone, and it’s not even recommended. But, if you work for an organization where people are required to use desk phones, there are some options available. Featuring sleek designs and programming for maximum productivity, here are some of the latest Teams Phone desk phones:
- 505 Business Media Phone, Teams Edition: The popular CCX 505 offers a 5-inch touchscreen and Teams button with Wi-Fi is included for those hard-to-cable desk arrangements and home offices. With standard bluetooth, there are also two USB ports on the side of the phone (Type A and Type C) which makes it easy to plug in USB connected headsets.
- Flex 8 inch video desk phone with handset: This heavy-hitting premium video desk phone provides superior video calling, full‑duplex hands‑free conferencing, a consistent user experience with the Teams touch UI, simple operation with comprehensive call and contact management features, built‑in calendaring, and one-touch meeting joins.n
- AudioCodes C470HD for Microsoft Teams: The AudioCodes Microsoft Teams-native C470HD IP phone is a feature-rich, executive high-end business phone for Microsoft Teams. It is equipped with a large, single surface, full touch interface, incorporating an exceptionally sharp 5.5” color touch screen, with optional support for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Yealink MP50 USB: For a simple, more affordable option, the MP50 USB is designed as a peripheral for a computer or mobile phone for daily desktop office and hot-desking use. If also offers HD audio, an intuitive user interface, and simple device management. The MP50 offers both USB and Bluetooth connectivity. A hands-free speakerphone, 4-inch touchscreen and 3 port USB Hub enable the MP50 to integrate multiple devices into a single phone for unified call control.
Important Microsoft Announcements:
- If you have not already moved to NCE licensing for your organization or if you have questions about an upmoing renewals, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to understand your options.
- MFA is the best way to prevent cyberthreats. If you have not enabled MFA in your organization, let us help you put a plan in place.
- Starting November 1, 2021, the following versions of Outlook for Windows, as part of Office and Microsoft 365 Apps, will not be able to connect with Office 365 and Microsoft 365 services:
5.0.4970.9999 and older
6.0.4599.9999 and older
Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise (formerly Office 365 ProPlus)
705 and older
Microsoft 365 Apps for business (formerly Office 365 Business)
705 and older